State Medicinal Plant Board
Chhattisgarh Rajya Vanoushadhi Board (State Medicinal Plant Board), came into existence vide Govt. of Chhattisgarh order F-5-12/2002/10-1 dated 20.09.2002. SMPB is a coordinating and facilitating body for herbal related works.
Board endeavours to....
- Facilitate research and development for medicinal plant sector.
- Monitor and co ordinate medicinal plant development schemes and projects funded by central and state government, their organizations and other institution.
- Formulate policy and project for conversation, development and non-destructive harvesting of medicinal plants.
- Facilitate development of primary processing (cottage and SSI), drug manufacturing, marketing and export of medicinal plants and herbal products.
- Avail national and international assistance for development of this sector.
- Document and ensure patenting of trading knowledge.
- Co-ordinate bio-partnership and IPR issue.
- Address any other work relating to medicinal plant sector.